Subject: bug#2639: closed (Re: bug#12127: 24.1.50; ispell slow under Emacs.app)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 01:38:06 +0000

Your bug report

#12127: scrolling slow with word-wrap and flyspell enabled in Emacs 23

which was filed against the emacs,ns package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
12127: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=12127
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#12127: 24.1.50; ispell slow under Emacs.app
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 20:37:11 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.3

Pat Rondon wrote:

> Apologies for the very long delay. It does in fact seem to be fixed.
[...]
> On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Jan Djärv <[email-masked]> wrote:
[...]
>> The NS-port does not use polling anymore.  Can you test if the current
>> approach seems like an improvement?

Subject: scrolling slow with word-wrap and flyspell enabled in Emacs 23
From: Plan Kalkul <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 12:10:33 -0400

Using the cocoa (NS) version of emacs 23.0.9.1, enabling both word-wrap and
flyspell modes makes scrolling up and down through text slow and jerky.
Turning off flyspell mode seems to eliminate the problem entirely.  Turning
off word-wrap (while leaving flyspell active) appears to reduce it
significantly.   The problem seems to occur regardless of the major mode (I
have tried it with text, org, and latex modes).