Subject: bug#12126: 24.1.50; compilation --with-wide-int on PowerPC 32-bit leads to: Maximum buffer size exceeded

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 22:54:55 +0200

Am 03.08.2012 um 18:31 schrieb Jan Djärv:

> Does it work if you just
> % configure --with-ns

	./configure  --with-ns --with-wide-int

with "powerpc-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build  
5493)" also succeeds, same with "powerpc-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.2.1 (GCC)  
4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5577)". Simple make and 'make bootstrap' with  
"powerpc-apple-darwin9-llvm-gcc-4.2 (GCC) 4.2.1 (Based on Apple Inc.  
build 5555) (LLVM build 2064.3)" end with this consistently:

	Loading .../emacs-24.1.50/lisp/composite.el (source)...
	Loading .../emacs-24.1.50/lisp/language/chinese.el (source)...
	Wrong type argument: sequencep, 130257792809520
	make[2]: *** [bootstrap-emacs] Error 1

The two built and installed pieces of Emacs.app are completely  
useless, they can't even create the initial frame, they already crash  
before they can appear.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Typography exists to honor content.
			– Robert Bringhurst