Subject: bug#12122: closed (Re: bug#12122: 24.1; doc string of `occur': only one buffer is searched by `occur')

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 17:03:02 +0000

Your bug report

#12122: 24.1; doc string of `occur': only one buffer is searched by `occur'

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
12122: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=12122
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#12122: 24.1; doc string of `occur': only one buffer is searched by `occur'
From: Bastien <[email-masked]>
To: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 18:55:10 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

"Drew Adams" <[email-masked]> writes:

> The doc string says:
>  
>   "In any case the searched buffers are not modified."
>  
> But `occur' searches only one buffer (the current buffer), not
> "buffers".

Fixed, thanks.

-- 
 Bastien

Subject: 24.1; doc string of `occur': only one buffer is searched by `occur'
From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 09:33:10 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The doc string says:
 
  "In any case the searched buffers are not modified."
 
But `occur' searches only one buffer (the current buffer), not
"buffers".
 
In GNU Emacs 24.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-06-10 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include'