Subject: 24.1.50; NS variant can't be built due to many bugs

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 21:29:40 +0200

Hello!

Now at "revno: 109379" I invoked 'sh autogen.sh' to get rid of dependencies to s/darwin.h. Configure ran fine, but gcc (version 4.2.1 (Based on Apple Inc. build 5658) (LLVM build 2335.9)) fails to compile a few files:

nsterm.m: In function ‘ns_set_vertical_scroll_bar’:
nsterm.m:3627: error: ‘struct window’ has no member named ‘vertical_scroll_bar’
nsterm.m:3629: error: ‘struct window’ has no member named ‘vertical_scroll_bar’
nsterm.m:3629: error: ‘struct window’ has no member named ‘vertical_scroll_bar’
nsterm.m:3629: error: ‘struct window’ has no member named ‘vertical_scroll_bar’
nsterm.m:3629: error: ‘struct window’ has no member named ‘vertical_scroll_bar’
nsterm.m:3677: error: ‘struct window’ has no member named ‘vertical_scroll_bar’
nsterm.m:3679: error: ‘struct window’ has no member named ‘vertical_scroll_bar’
nsterm.m:3679: error: ‘struct window’ has no member named ‘vertical_scroll_bar’
nsterm.m:3679: error: ‘struct window’ has no member named ‘vertical_scroll_bar’
nsterm.m:3679: error: ‘struct window’ has no member named ‘vertical_scroll_bar’
nsterm.m:3681: error: ‘struct window’ has no member named ‘vertical_scroll_bar’
nsterm.m:3688: error: ‘struct window’ has no member named ‘vertical_scroll_bar’
nsterm.m:3692: error: ‘struct window’ has no member named ‘vertical_scroll_bar’
nsterm.m:3697: error: ‘struct window’ has no member named ‘vertical_scroll_bar’
nsterm.m:3697: error: ‘struct window’ has no member named ‘vertical_scroll_bar’
nsterm.m:3697: error: ‘struct window’ has no member named ‘vertical_scroll_bar’
nsterm.m:3697: error: ‘struct window’ has no member named ‘vertical_scroll_bar’
nsterm.m: In function ‘ns_redeem_scroll_bar’:
nsterm.m:3744: error: ‘struct window’ has no member named ‘vertical_scroll_bar’
nsterm.m:3746: error: ‘struct window’ has no member named ‘vertical_scroll_bar’
nsterm.m:3746: error: ‘struct window’ has no member named ‘vertical_scroll_bar’
nsterm.m:3746: error: ‘struct window’ has no member named ‘vertical_scroll_bar’
nsterm.m:3746: error: ‘struct window’ has no member named ‘vertical_scroll_bar’
nsterm.m: In function ‘-[EmacsWindow accessibilityAttributeValue:]’:
nsterm.m:6067: error: ‘struct window’ has no member named ‘buffer’
nsterm.m:6067: error: ‘struct window’ has no member named ‘buffer’
nsterm.m:6067: error: ‘struct window’ has no member named ‘buffer’
nsterm.m: In function ‘-[EmacsScroller initFrame:window:]’:
nsterm.m:6242: error: ‘struct window’ has no member named ‘frame’
nsterm.m:6242: error: ‘struct window’ has no member named ‘frame’
nsterm.m:6242: error: ‘struct window’ has no member named ‘frame’
nsterm.m: In function ‘-[EmacsScroller dealloc]’:
nsterm.m:6281: error: ‘struct window’ has no member named ‘vertical_scroll_bar’

nsfns.m: In function ‘ns_set_name_as_filename’:
nsfns.m:610: error: ‘struct window’ has no member named ‘buffer’

nsmenu.m: In function ‘ns_update_menubar’:
nsmenu.m:196: error: ‘struct window’ has no member named ‘buffer’

nsselect.m: In function ‘symbol_to_nsstring’:
nsselect.m:65: error: ‘struct Lisp_Symbol’ has no member named ‘xname’
nsselect.m:65: error: ‘struct Lisp_Symbol’ has no member named ‘xname’

Another user, binleixue <[email-masked]>, reported similary on the Emacs help list this morning.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Time flies like an error – but fruit flies like a banana!
				- (almost) Groucho Marx