Subject: bug#12113: 24.0.96; Incorrect echoing of gdb output

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 23:27:04 +0300

> Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 13:30:26 -0400
> From: "William M. (Mike) Miller" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> The real problem is suppressing the output of the parameter
> values when hitting a breakpoint after running or continuing via
> a graphical button, or when stepping into a function.  Those values
> do not appear in the "locals" buffer, so to see them I either have
> to print them manually or, if it's a breakpoint, I have to set an
> action list to display them.

In the Breakpoints window, if you click the "Threads" button on the
window's header line, don't you see the arguments of the current
function's call?

> Actually, that's not quite true; I note,
> interestingly enough, that the "up" and "down" stack navigation
> buttons _do_ display the summary line with the parameter values,

That's sheer luck: stack navigation buttons work by issuing CLI
commands, not MI commands, to which GDB responds by showing the call
argument.