Subject: bug#12107: closed (Re: bug#12107: 24.1.50; In Info mode, add the name of the manual as completion candidate for "bookmark-set")

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 08:59:02 +0000

Your bug report

#12107: 24.1.50; In Info mode, add the name of the manual as completion candidate for "bookmark-set"

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
12107: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=12107
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#12107: 24.1.50; In Info mode, add the name of the manual as completion candidate for "bookmark-set"
From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
To: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 11:49:10 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> If so, please add a comment explaining it.

Installed with an explanatory comment.

Subject: 24.1.50; In Info mode, add the name of the manual as completion candidate for "bookmark-set"
From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 22:22:44 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Severity: wishlist

Hello,

I have a bookmark for each manual I'm reading in info.  I like to give
the bookmark the same name as the corresponding manual (e.g. "elisp"
or "eintr").

So, when I want to update my bookmark position, I type "C-x r m", and
when I'm asked for the bookmark name, I type "M-n", expecting that
emacs fills in the name of the manual, but it writes the name of the
info node instead.  A second "M-n" doesn't brings me more candidates.

Therefore, I request that the name of the info manual be included in
the list of candidates used by M-n, in addition to the name of the
node.

(Regarding the order of the candidates, I'd like the name of the
manual to be the first, but this is more subjective.  I'll be content
even if that entry is the second one)

TIA.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2012-07-30 on DANI-PC
Bzr revision: 109302 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -I../../libs/libiconv-1.14-2-mingw32-dev/include
 -I../../libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -I../../libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -I../../emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.16/include -I../../libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -I../../libs/libpng-1.4.10 -I../../libs/libxpm-3.5.8/include
 -I../../libs/libxpm-3.5.8/src -I../../libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -I../../libs/zlib-1.2.6'

-- 
Dani Moncayo