Subject: bug#12099: closed (Re: bug#12099: Remove out of date example code in woman.el)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 13:40:02 +0000

Your bug report

#12099: Remove out of date example code in woman.el

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
12099: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=12099
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#12099: Remove out of date example code in woman.el
From: Bastien <[email-masked]>
To: Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 15:32:37 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]> writes:

> This is cute, but gnudoit no longer exists, and this code is far from
> complete (see the recent discussion on making Emacs a replacement for
> standalone info on gnu-prog-discuss). I suggest simply removing the
> above from woman.el.

Done.

-- 
 Bastien

Subject: Remove out of date example code in woman.el
From: Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>
To: bug-emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 12:55:32 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

woman.el contains the following bit of documentation:

;; The following is based on suggestions by Guy Gascoigne-Piggford and
;; Juanma Barranquero.  If you really want to square the man-woman
;; circle then you might care to define the following bash function in
;; .bashrc:

;;   man() { gnudoit -q '(raise-frame (selected-frame)) (woman' \"$1\" ')' ; }

;; If you use Microsoft COMMAND.COM then you can create a file called
;; man.bat somewhere in your path containing the two lines:

;;   @echo off
;;   gnudoit -q (raise-frame (selected-frame)) (woman \"%1\")

;; and then (e.g. from a command prompt or the Run... option in the
;; Start menu) just execute

;;   man man_page_name

This is cute, but gnudoit no longer exists, and this code is far from
complete (see the recent discussion on making Emacs a replacement for
standalone info on gnu-prog-discuss). I suggest simply removing the
above from woman.el.

-- 
http://rrt.sc3d.org