Subject: bug#12081: 24.1; buffer-predicate often not called

From: Dave Abrahams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 17:37:10 -0400

on Sun Jul 29 2012, Alp Aker <alptekin.aker-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems like something like the following would restore the old functionality:
>
> === modified file 'lisp/window.el'
> --- lisp/window.el	2012-07-18 10:02:54 +0000
> +++ lisp/window.el	2012-07-29 16:59:18 +0000
> @@ -2679,10 +2679,12 @@

<schnipp>

Alp, I tried applying your patch (**) and the most curious thing
happens: if I just run my test, it fails.  However, if the first thing I
do is `M-x load-library window RET', it passes.  This is true whether I
byte-compile window.el.gz or not.

(**) well; a slightly adjusted one for my version of Emacs
(https://gist.github.com/9504f1ae730f4db4c741) but I have confidence
because only line numbers were changed and it otherwise applied cleanly.

-- 
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing                  Software Development        Training
http://www.boostpro.com             Clang/LLVM/EDG Compilers  C++  Boost