Subject: Re: bug#12078: 24.1; Improve the I-search prompt

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 10:30:43 +0200

>> However, on second thought, I think that the "failing" message is
>> actually unnecessary.  Looking at the echo area, it is obvious whether
>> the current search is failing or not (if it's failing, the unmatched
>> text will be on a different face).
>
> After trying this I think the "[failing]" message doesn't look too nice.
> As you mentioned, it is unnecessary due to the `isearch-fail' face.
> But then this message still should be displayed in environments that don't
> support the `isearch-fail' face.

Agreed.

> The "[pending]" message should be changed too to address complaints
> that it's unclear what does it mean.  Maybe something like
> "[Search type changed]"

Currently I don't remember what is the meaning of this "pending" flag,
but I trust you :)

> The "[wrapped]" message could be displayed only once after wrapping,
> like e.g. in Firefox that displays the message
> "Reached top of page, continued from bottom" or
> "Reached end of page, continued from top".

Fine with me too.

Thank you.

-- 
Dani Moncayo