Subject: Re: bug#12078: 24.1; Improve the I-search prompt

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 01:50:29 +0200

>>> While I agree, I think always having a "[...]" to the right of the
>>> search string is even more problematic.
>
>> But my idea doesn't meant to have always a "[...]" to the right.  Only
>> when there is a message to show ("end of node", "pending", "wrapped"),
>> and most of those messages would last for a very short period of
>> time...
>
> I didn't really mean "always", but for example "wrapped" would stay
> there until the end of the search: it's not transient.

Ok, that's true.

Now I ask you: why would be so problematic to have (in some cases)
such text to the right of the search string?  The text of these
messages could use the same face as the prompt text (the "I-search:
"), to make perfectly clear what is the search string (in default
face) and what is the "search status feedback".

-- 
Dani Moncayo