Subject: bug#12071: closed (Re: bug#12071: 24.1.50; (pp-display-expression): user-error: No undo information in this buffer)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 04:14:02 +0000

Your bug report

#12071: 24.1.50; (pp-display-expression): user-error: No undo information in this buffer

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
12071: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=12071
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#12071: 24.1.50; (pp-display-expression): user-error: No undo information in this buffer
From: Jambunathan K <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 06:15:54 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

As OP, closing it.

Subject: 24.1.50; (pp-display-expression): user-error: No undo information in this buffer
From: Jambunathan K <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 01:10:43 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

It would be quite useful if one can actually *undo* edits in the pp
buffer.

Background:

I am examining a deeply nested list as shown below.

  (pp-display-expression deeply-nested-list "*deeply-nested-list*")

Often times I find myself editing/re-adjusting the pp display buffer to
make sense out of what is in there.  I also find myself undoing edits to
that buffer.  This is when the following user-error is thrown.

  user-error: No undo information in this buffer

-----------------------------------------------

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-07-23 on MARVIN
Bzr revision: 109189 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.13.1-1-dev/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/include/libxml2'

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSDATA: C:/Program Files/emacs-24.1.50/etc
  value of $EMACSDOC: C:/Program Files/emacs-24.1.50/etc
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: C:/Program Files/emacs-24.1.50/site-lisp;C:/Program Files/emacs-24.1.50/../site-lisp;C:/Program Files/emacs-24.1.50/lisp;C:/Program Files/emacs-24.1.50/leim
  value of $EMACSPATH: C:/Program Files/emacs-24.1.50/bin
  value of $LANG: ENG
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t