Subject: bug#12056: 24.1.50; Background color in selected and non-selected windows

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 11:20:42 +0200

> Is your problem indeed with the same buffer appearing more than once
> on the same frame?

No.  This is not about buffers; this is about _windows_.

I miss a simple way of making the _selected_window_ stand out clearly
(e.g. by displaying its contents with a somewhat brighter background
than the rest of the windows), in a similar way of what is currently
implemented for the selected/unselected modelines.

>  Because if not, face-remapping-alist should
> provide you with the infrastructure upon which you can build this
> feature for you.

Well, currently I don't know how to build this feature in such way.
Also, I filed this feature request in the hope of having a simple way
of enabling such functionality, which (some day) could be implemented
upstream, so that all users would benefit from it (I believe that many
users would like it).

-- 
Dani Moncayo