Subject: bug#12055: closed (Re: bug#12055: Re: bug#12055: Re: bug#12055: 24.1.50; Characters "á" and "é" are not correctly displayed on a Windows terminal)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 17:09:03 +0000

Your bug report

#12055: 24.1.50; Characters "á" and "é" are not correctly displayed on a Windows terminal

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
12055: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=12055
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#12055: Re: bug#12055: Re: bug#12055: 24.1.50; Characters "á" and "é" are not correctly displayed on a Windows terminal
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 20:01:49 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 19:44:31 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> Thanks, I will install it now.

Done as trunk revision 109251.

Thanks to both of you, and to Jason, for helping resolve this tricky
problem.

Subject: 24.1.50; Characters "á" and "é" are not correctly displayed on a Windows terminal
From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 14:13:23 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

On my Windows 7, 64-bit system, if I start Emacs from a cmd.exe
console (emacs -nw -Q) and type the text "áéíóú", the first two
characters are not displayed correctly (see attached screenshot).

If I exit Emacs, and type those characters again in the console
prompt, the are all displayed correctly.

I've been able to reproduce this problem both in Emacs 24.1 and 23.4.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2012-07-19 on DANI-PC
Bzr revision: 109159 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --enable-checking --cflags
 -I../../libs/libiconv-1.14-2-mingw32-dev/include
 -I../../libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -I../../libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -I../../emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.16/include -I../../libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -I../../libs/libpng-1.4.10 -I../../libs/libxpm-3.5.8/include
 -I../../libs/libxpm-3.5.8/src -I../../libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -I../../libs/zlib-1.2.6'

-- 
Dani Moncayo