Subject: 24.1.50; semantic :: Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument syntax-table-p nil)

From: Jambunathan K <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 20:28:43 +0530

I am exploring semantic for the first time.

1. runemacs.exe -Q
2. Visit your favorite library.  M-x find-library RET org-odt.el RET
3. M-x semantic-mode RET
4. C-c , j (With cursor on "some" symbol)
5. Note the following error.  Either some interesting thing should
   happen or a useful message should be echoed.

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument syntax-table-p nil)
  set-syntax-table(nil)
  semantic-ctxt-current-symbol-default(nil)
  semantic-ctxt-current-symbol()
  semantic-ctxt-current-thing()
  semantic-complete-default-to-tag(nil)
  semantic-complete-read-tag-engine([object semantic-collector-buffer-deep "Jump to symbol: " #<buffer org-odt.el> nil unbound unbound unbound unbound unbound] [object semantic-displayor-traditional-with-focus-highlight "simple" nil unbound unbound] "Jump to symbol: " nil nil nil)
  semantic-complete-read-tag-buffer-deep("Jump to symbol: ")
  semantic-complete-jump-local()
  call-interactively(semantic-complete-jump-local nil nil)

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-07-23 on MARVIN
Bzr revision: 109189 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.13.1-1-dev/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/include/libxml2'

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSDATA: C:/Program Files/emacs-24.1.50/etc
  value of $EMACSDOC: C:/Program Files/emacs-24.1.50/etc
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: C:/Program Files/emacs-24.1.50/site-lisp;C:/Program Files/emacs-24.1.50/../site-lisp;C:/Program Files/emacs-24.1.50/lisp;C:/Program Files/emacs-24.1.50/leim
  value of $EMACSPATH: C:/Program Files/emacs-24.1.50/bin
  value of $LANG: ENG
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t