Subject: Re: bug#12045: 24.1.50; semantic :: Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument syntax-table-p nil)

From: David Engster <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 23:04:17 +0200

David Engster writes:
>> When I do "C-c , j" on some symbol, that I know is defined in current
>> .el file, I get
>> ,----
>> |     Jump to symbol: org-e-odt-lib-dir [No Match] [5 times]
>> `----

[...]

> You are right, this problem still exists. It is due to the fact that
> semantic-mode is active for all buffers (it is a minor mode after all),
> whether they could be parsed or not.

I forgot to add: The reason I was confused in the beginning was that
CEDET actually does parse Elisp files. I just lately realized that this
feature is not enabled by default in Emacs proper. You have to manually
require it through

(require 'semantic/bovine/el)

Maybe Yidong disabled it during the initial merge because he found it
too intrusive. I'm not sure, which is why I'm CCing him. Maybe this is
something that could be changed?

-David