Subject: Re: Issues running the testsuite as root

From: Stefano Lattarini <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 15:38:20 +0200

On 07/24/2012 03:33 PM, Dennis Clarke wrote:
>
>> These are known testsuite issues (not real bugs in automake), and have
>> already been solved in the development version of Automake.  So we don't
>> need to worry about them.
>
> Okay .. this is a good thing. I guess we can expect a release on that in
> the near future ?
>
Couple of weeks for the next maintenance version (1.12.3) I'd say.  Couple
of months at least for the next major version (1.13).

>> Just to be extra-sure: does the test pass if you run it as a non-root
>> user?  If you don't have to check this, no big deal, as I'm already
>> pretty sure my diagnosis is correct.
> 
> I will go back and give that a go, again.  Will let you know for sure.
> However this is an old slow Sun Sparc Netra box and it will take bloody
> forever to run. Like 36 hours or so. 
>
Oh, don't bother re-running the whole testsuite!  Just the failed test
should be enough.  You might re-run the whole testsuite once 1.12.3 is
out, maybe, if you have enough patience.

Thanks,
  Stefano