Subject: bug#12021: Nevermind, my fault

From: "Taylan Ulrich B." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 23:45:50 +0200

Sorry for the false alert.
First of all, the files it couldn't find were probably .so files (note
that it doesn't explicitly mention .la files, it was a wrong assumption
on my side).
That is because the build process wouldn't generate any .so files, due
to mysterious reasons.
After exporting a good set of build flags (CPPFLAGS, LDFLAGS, etc.),
everything builds fine and all tests are passed.
Here's the exact set of environment variables (directly put in my
~/.profile so i never have to re-remember them again):

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$HOME/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$HOME/usr/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib"
export CPPFLAGS="-I$HOME/usr/include -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include"
export LDFLAGS="-L$HOME/usr/lib -L/usr/lib -L/usr/local/lib"
export LIBS="-lpthread -lffi"
export LIBFFI_CFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS"
export LIBFFI_LIBS="$LDFLAGS $LIBS"

Note that these are partly tied to my own home directory layout.

What's unusual is that LIBFFI_(CFLAGS|LIBS) need to be defined
explicitly for guile to build.

Regards,
Taylan