Subject: bug#12001: 24.1.50; vc-diff always talks to CVS repository

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 17:22:48 -0400

In fact, the problem is happening with bzr using the Emacs sources.

I don't know why I wrote CVS in the subject -- habit took over, I
suppose.  I have a vague memory of seeing it a few weeks ago with CVS
in editing gnu.org web pages, but this bug report is with bzr.

    Maybe rms has somehow ended up with a lightweight checkout, or a stacked
    branch, or some other non-standard form of bzr repository that does not
    actually keep all the data locally.

    What does `bzr info' report in the local copy?

Repository checkout (format: 2a)
Location:
  repository checkout root: .
        checkout of branch: bzr+ssh://[email-masked]/emacs/trunk/
         shared repository: /home/rms/emacs-bzr

I set up my repository as recommended in BzrQuickStartForEmacsDevs.  I
chose this because it is the simplest, both to set up and to use in
practice, and also the most similar to CVS.

vc-diff should support it correctly.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation
51 Franklin St
Boston MA 02110
USA
www.fsf.org  www.gnu.org
Skype: No way! That's nonfree (freedom-denying) software.
  Use Ekiga or an ordinary phone call