Subject: Re: bug#11999: 24.1.50; New Info file suffix ".info" breaks `Info-find-node-2'

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 06:06:50 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 19:53:37 -0400
> 
> I'd prefer something like error-dont-debug, because the issue is not
> whether it should show a backtrace but whether it is worth trying to
> debug the error.

OK.

> Note that most uses of `user-error' are correct in that they signal
> conditions which are usually simply due to a mistaken manipulation
> (such as trying to move past the EOB)

That's a coincidence: we tend to want the no-debug behavior for user
errors.  Bu the feature is not about user errors, it's about not
entering the debugger.

> so I'm only willing to change the name if it's really significantly
> better without too many drawbacks.  E.g. `error-dont-debug' is not
> really a serious candidate.

user-error is simply misleading, so it's unfortunate that you insist
on keeping it in preference to error-dont-debug.