Subject: 24.1.50; Crash under MacOS X

From: Konrad Hinsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 11:06:03 +0200

This bug report will be sent to the Bug-GNU-Emacs mailing list
and the GNU bug tracker at debbugs.gnu.org.  Please check that
the From: line contains a valid email address.  After a delay of up
to one day, you should receive an acknowledgement at that address.

Please write in English if possible, as the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators for other languages.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug, and
the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give a recipe
starting from `emacs -Q':

Emacs crashed while I was reading my mail using ViewMail. This happens
to me about once per month. The gdb traceback is attached. My Emacs
was compiled from trunk in the Bazaar repository, updated on July 19th
2012.

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/Users/hinsen/Applications/Emacs_20120719.app/Contents/Resources/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin11.4.0, NS apple-appkit-1138.47)
 of 2012-07-19 on Konrad-Hinsens-MacBook-Pro.local
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1138
Configured using:
 `configure '--with-ns''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  auto-revert-mode: t
  org-indent-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  yas/global-mode: t
  yas/minor-mode: t
  whitespace-newline-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<end> <up> <up> <tab> C-c C-a o C-x o q M-x r e p o 
r t <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Loading /Users/hinsen/.emacs.d/config/user-interface.el (source)...done
Loading /Users/hinsen/.emacs.d/custom.el (source)...done
Loading vc-hg...done
OVERVIEW [5 times]
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Mark set
home.org/Divers
work.org/Refereeing
Mark set
Select command: [acmlzoOfFdD]

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/lisp/org-vm hides /Users/hinsen/Applications/Emacs_20120719.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-vm
~/.emacs.d/lisp/org-eshell hides /Users/hinsen/Applications/Emacs_20120719.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-eshell

Features:
(shadow flyspell ispell vm-rfaddons vm-menu vm-window vm-toolbar
vm-virtual vm-summary-faces vm-mouse vm-page pp vm emacsbug
org-colview org-attach org-id solar cal-dst holidays hol-loaddefs
diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-iso vc-hg autorevert disp-table
org-indent server recentf tree-widget paren uniquify ido windmove ein
french-holidays org-crypt org-w3m org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html
org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks find-func org-agenda org-info org-eshell
org-docview org-bibtex bibtex ob-ditaa ob-clojure ob-haskell ob-js
ob-python ob-ruby ob-perl ob-R ob-sh shell ace-jump-mode magithub json
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse url-vars mailcap magit
diff-mode log-edit pcvs-util add-log magit-key-mode monky help-mode
dired+ dired-x ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-mult ediff-help
ediff-init ediff-util dired-aux undo-tree yasnippet assoc julia-mode
gnuplot info-look bbdb-vm vm-mime vm-undo vm-message vm-macro
bbdb-snarf mail-extr bbdb-com bbdb-autoloads bbdb org-vm org
ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src
ob-comint ob-keys ob ob-eval org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-compat org-entities org-macs noutline outline easy-mmode
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs warnings advice advice-preload vm-reply
vm-motion vm-summary vm-folder vm-minibuf vm-misc vm-pcrisis
vm-autoloads vm-version vm-vars mu4e mu4e-speedbar speedbar sb-image
ezimage dframe mu4e-main mu4e-view comint ansi-color mu4e-headers
mu4e-compose mu4e-actions smtpmail auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv gnus-util password-cache sendmail message
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader mu4e-mark mu4e-proc
mu4e-utils doc-view jka-compr image-mode html2text mu4e-vars hl-line
mu4e-meta paredit edmacro kmacro em-smart ring esh-var esh-io esh-cmd
esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg eldoc help-fns esh-groups eshell
esh-module esh-mode esh-util find-dired dired color-theme wid-edit
w3m-load browse-url auctex-autoloads tex-site
clojure-test-mode-autoloads clojure-mode-autoloads
color-theme-actress-autoloads color-theme-zenburn-autoloads
color-theme-autoloads gnuplot-autoloads go-mode-autoloads
ipython-autoloads magithub-autoloads finder-inf magit-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads marmalade-autoloads furl-autoloads
monky-autoloads info oauth2-autoloads paredit-autoloads
python-mode-autoloads python-pep8-autoloads python-pylint-autoloads
slime-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads package cl-macs gv timezone
whitespace cl cl-lib macroexp filesets easymenu time-date tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
loaddefs button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind ns
multi-tty emacs)