Subject: test failure - darwin fat compile on OS X 4

From: Peter Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 21:20:13 +1000

Hi,

In libtool 2.4.2 on OS X 4 with gcc 4.0.1 the test "Darwin Fat Compile" 
fails. I've pasted in the most relevant info from testsuite.log below 
and attached the entired log (gzipped).

./darwin.at:93: $LIBTOOL --mode=link --tag=CC $CC  -o libbar.la 
$CPPFLAGS $CFLAGS $LDFLAGS -arch ppc -arch i386 bar.lo libfoo.la -rpath 
/nonexistent
stderr:
ld: flag: -undefined dynamic_lookup can't be used with 
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET environment variable set to: 10.1
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
lipo: can't figure out the architecture type of: /var/tmp//ccHfQkwy.out
stdout:
libtool: link: (cd 
/Users/peter/projects/osd/libtool-2.4.2/tests/testsuite.dir/117/.libs/libbar.lax/libfoo.a/unfat-6585/libfoo.a-ppc 
&& ar x "libfoo.a")
libtool: link: (cd 
/Users/peter/projects/osd/libtool-2.4.2/tests/testsuite.dir/117/.libs/libbar.lax/libfoo.a/unfat-6585/libfoo.a-i386 
&& ar x "libfoo.a")
libtool: link: gcc -dynamiclib -Wl,-undefined -Wl,dynamic_lookup -o 
.libs/libbar.0.dylib  .libs/bar.o   .libs/libbar.lax/libfoo.a/baz.o 
.libs/libbar.lax/libfoo.a/foo.o    -O2 -arch ppc -arch i386   
-install_name  /nonexistent/libbar.0.dylib -compatibility_version 1 
-current_version 1.0 -Wl,-single_module
./darwin.at:93: exit code was 1, expected 0
117. darwin.at:26: 117. darwin fat compile (darwin.at:26): FAILED 
(darwin.at:93)

Also, I get one unexpected pass as you can see in attached log.

Cheers,

-- 
Peter Johansson