Subject: bug#11969: 24.1.50; crash on Windows

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 17:28:27 -0700

This is the backtrace.  The session no longer exists.  HTH.  If not,
feel free to close the bug.
 
$ ./gdb -p 1060
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.2
Copyright (C) 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "mingw32".
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>.
Attaching to process 1060
[New Thread 1060.0xed8]
[New Thread 1060.0x170c]
[New Thread 1060.0x11bc]
Reading symbols from C:\Emacs-24-2012-07-16\bin\emacs.exe...done.
[Switching to Thread 1060.0x11bc]
Warning: c:\drews-lisp-20\bin/../lwlib: No such file or directory.
SIGINT is used by the debugger.
Are you sure you want to change it? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from
terminal]
Environment variable "DISPLAY" not defined.
TERM = cygwin
.gdbinit:1328: Error in sourced command file:
No symbol "Vsystem_type" in current context.
(gdb) c
Continuing.
 
Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
[Switching to Thread 1060.0xed8]
0x7c90120f in ntdll!DbgUiConnectToDbg () from C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll
(gdb) bt
#0  0x7c90120f in ntdll!DbgUiConnectToDbg () from C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll
#1  0x0114f7a8 in w32_abort () at w32fns.c:7184
#2  0x01041c65 in die (
    msg=0x15ab394 "assertion failed: EQ (XFRAME
(selected_frame)->selected_window, selecte
d_window)", file=0x15a25b8 "xdisp.c", line=13446) at alloc.c:6639
#3  0x011fd293 in redisplay_internal () at xdisp.c:13446
#4  0x011f9e89 in redisplay () at xdisp.c:12606
#5  0x01008d4f in read_char (commandflag=1, nmaps=4, maps=0x83f9b0,
    prev_event=56068122, used_mouse_menu=0x83fa88, end_time=0x0) at
keyboard.c:2447
#6  0x0101c7d2 in read_key_sequence (keybuf=0x83fc04, bufsize=30,
prompt=56068122,
    dont_downcase_last=0, can_return_switch_frame=1, fix_current_buffer=1)
    at keyboard.c:9311
#7  0x01005ef6 in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1446
#8  0x010321f0 in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x10058fe <command_loop_1>,
    handlers=56118730, hfun=0x10050fa <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1332
#9  0x01005537 in command_loop_2 (ignore=56068122) at keyboard.c:1152
#10 0x01031c11 in internal_catch (tag=56108562, func=0x1005513 <command_loop_2>,
    arg=56068122) at eval.c:1089
#11 0x010054f3 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1131
#12 0x01004acf in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:752
#13 0x01004dea in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:816
#14 0x01002944 in main (argc=3, argv=0x33c30) at emacs.c:1677
(gdb) frame 2
#2  0x01041c65 in die (
    msg=0x15ab394 "assertion failed: EQ (XFRAME
(selected_frame)->selected_window, selecte
d_window)", file=0x15a25b8 "xdisp.c", line=13446) at alloc.c:6639
6639    alloc.c: No such file or directory.
        in alloc.c
(gdb) p selected_window
$1 = 78256133
(gdb) xtype
No symbol "gdb_use_union" in current context.
(gdb) gdb_use_union
Undefined command: "gdb_use_union".  Try "help".
(gdb) p selected_frame
$2 = 64566853
(gdb) xtype
No symbol "gdb_use_union" in current context.
(gdb)

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-07-16 on MARVIN
Bzr revision: 109106 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.13.1-1-dev/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/include/libxml2'