Subject: Re: bug#11949: Symbolic links

From: Bob Proulx <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 14:52:50 -0600

tag 11949 - moreinfo
close 11949
thanks

Pádraig Brady wrote:
> On 07/15/2012 05:56 PM, Nick Thomas wrote:
> > Hello!
> > I tried to create a symbolic link using ln -s ... but instead of getting
> > a link of size about 20 bytes I obtained an executable file of length
> > 1.9Mb i.e. a copy of the destination file !!
> 
> That's exceedingly unlikely.
> Maybe it created a hard link?
> In any case we'll need more info.
> kernel, file system, ln version, command issued, ...
> 
> > This was using sudo to repair a problem running qmake in qt3 in /usr/bin
> > Nick Thomas

There hasn't been any new information added to the request for more
information in two months.  And the reading of the ticket suggests
that there is not a bug here.  Therefore I am closing this ticket as
resolved.  If you have more information please feel free to continue
the discussion.

Bob