Subject: bug#11948: 24.1.50; word-wrap should allow wrapping at all breaking space characters, not just space and tab

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 13:32:48 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Yes, now people who want what the OP wanted should be able to have
> that easily.  But I would hesitate making that the default, instead
> leaving it to user customizations.  We could have a minor mode to do
> that, though, so that users who want this won't need to customize
> individually each character's category set.

Sure, a minor mode would work well here.

> Of course, the harder part here is to decide which of the Zs
> characters will allow word-wrap on them.  I don't think all of them
> should.

Looking over these:

17 matches for "Zs" in buffer: UnicodeData.txt
     33:0020;SPACE;Zs;0;WS;;;;;N;;;;;
    161:00A0;NO-BREAK SPACE;Zs;0;CS;<noBreak> 0020;;;;N;NON-BREAKING SPACE;;;;
   5187:1680;OGHAM SPACE MARK;Zs;0;WS;;;;;N;;;;;
   7354:2000;EN QUAD;Zs;0;WS;2002;;;;N;;;;;
   7355:2001;EM QUAD;Zs;0;WS;2003;;;;N;;;;;
   7356:2002;EN SPACE;Zs;0;WS;<compat> 0020;;;;N;;;;;
   7357:2003;EM SPACE;Zs;0;WS;<compat> 0020;;;;N;;;;;
   7358:2004;THREE-PER-EM SPACE;Zs;0;WS;<compat> 0020;;;;N;;;;;
   7359:2005;FOUR-PER-EM SPACE;Zs;0;WS;<compat> 0020;;;;N;;;;;
   7360:2006;SIX-PER-EM SPACE;Zs;0;WS;<compat> 0020;;;;N;;;;;
   7361:2007;FIGURE SPACE;Zs;0;WS;<noBreak> 0020;;;;N;;;;;
   7362:2008;PUNCTUATION SPACE;Zs;0;WS;<compat> 0020;;;;N;;;;;
   7363:2009;THIN SPACE;Zs;0;WS;<compat> 0020;;;;N;;;;;
   7364:200A;HAIR SPACE;Zs;0;WS;<compat> 0020;;;;N;;;;;
   7401:202F;NARROW NO-BREAK SPACE;Zs;0;CS;<noBreak> 0020;;;;N;;;;;
   7449:205F;MEDIUM MATHEMATICAL SPACE;Zs;0;WS;<compat> 0020;;;;N;;;;;
  11232:3000;IDEOGRAPHIC SPACE;Zs;0;WS;<wide> 0020;;;;N;;;;;

I think only the no-break ones shouldn't trigger wrapping?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no