Subject: Re: bug#11945: 24.1.50; emacs crash

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 14:06:27 +0300

> From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 18:38:17 +0900
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> > Please do build without optimizations, and if that binary crashes as
> > well, please show a backtrace from an unoptimized build.
> 
> does the attached trace help in anyway? I see crash quite frequently on one of
> my systems. (emacs built from trunk today)

Yes, it helps.

> #0  0x00000000004e0c9f in char_table_ref (table=12883413, c=4195374) at chartab.c:234
>         tbl = 0xc495d0
>         val = 4611686018429485125

The value of c (4195374 = 0x40042e) doesn't make sense, I think.  It's
an invalid character.  Please tell what does this display:

 (gdb) frame 2
 (gdb) p it->string
 (gdb) xstring

Also, in the same frame, what does this display:

 (gdb) pgrowx it->glyph_row

For these commands to work, you need either to start GDB from the src
directory, or type "source /path/to/emacs/src/.gdbinit" from inside
GDB.

Thanks.