Subject: Re: bug#11941: 24.1.50; Error in debbugs-gnu with gnus-inews-do-gcc

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 14:25:11 +0100

Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> writes:

> (gnus-server-to-method "archive")
>
> returns nil.  Perhaps because some part of Gnus has not been
> initialized?  (I did not run M-x gnus before using debbug-gnus.)

Oh, I see.  I somehow missed that Gnus wasn't running.

I'm able to reproduce this now.  However, I'm not sure how to fix this.
Even if the right Gcc line were inserted, no message would be stored on
the backend, because Gnus sets up all that stuff during startup.  For
instance, if we're storing on IMAP (which is pretty common these days),
Gnus kinda really has to go through the startup process to find out how
to contact the IMAP server.

So I think the right fix here is to not insert a Gcc header at all if
Gnus isn't running.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no  *  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen