Subject: bug#11941: 24.1.50; Error in debbugs-gnu with gnus-inews-do-gcc

From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 10:47:53 +0800

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Similarly, on Emacs 24.2 when I respond from a debbugs group, the Gcc
>> header is also
>>
>>   Gcc: nnfolder+archive:sent.2012-09
>>
>> On trunk, when I respond from a debbugs group, the Gcc header is the
>> faulty one given above.
>
> The Gcc header is inserted by `gnus-inews-insert-gcc'.  I've traced
> through the function, and the following form is the one evaluated to
> insert the group name.
>
> (gnus-group-prefixed-name "sent.2012-09" gnus-message-archive-method)
>
> What does it eval to for you?

Evaluating this in the (Message mode) reply buffer, evaluating the above
gives "sent.2012-09".  Evaluating `gnus-message-archive-method' gives
"archive".  Looking through the `gnus-group-prefixed-name' function, I
see that this happens because

(gnus-server-to-method "archive")

returns nil.  Perhaps because some part of Gnus has not been
initialized?  (I did not run M-x gnus before using debbug-gnus.)

Am I to understand that you can't reproduce this?  It is 100%
reproducible for me.