Subject: bug#11939: 24.1; `save-buffers-kill-emacs' loses minibuffer focuswhenitcalls`list-processes'

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 09:19:54 -0700

With the emacs -Q scenario, (window-parameters) shows:

((quit-restore frame frame #<window 3 on *Messages*>
               #<buffer *Process List*>))

> So the only remaining issue is the familiar one: Go through your setup
> and check why the window does not get dedicated and the `quit-restore'
> window parameter is not assigned.

That will unfortunately take a while.  And again, it is not just _this_ window
that is not dedicated.  _No_ windows are dedicated after I load your code.

I will try to narrow things down when I get some time.  Perhaps you can look
from your side, since your code that breaks special display is very small, and
especially since you have a good understanding of how it changes things.

In addition to, or as an alternative to, trying to narrow my setup (lots of
code), I will try narrowing your code, evaluating only pieces of it to see if I
can determine what the culprit part is.

Any advice wrt narrowing your code?  I am unfamiliar with it and how its parts
might relate to each other, so any such exercise on my part is pretty much
blind, unless you have some guidance to offer.