Subject: bug#11939: 24.1; `save-buffers-kill-emacs' loses minibuffer focuswhenitcalls `list-processes'

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2012 15:45:01 +0200

> I tried loading your code in Emacs 24.1 from my .emacs.
 >
 > Please remind me - was it supposed to work with Emacs 24.1 or just with later
 > builds?

At least with Emacs 24.1 but it should work with earlier versions too.

 > Anyway, with 24.1 I immediately ran into this problem: `q' in *Help* did not
 > remove the frame.  It just substituted the previously current buffer in that
 > frame.

Do you mean the frame did show another buffer before?  Anyway, that's a
different issue.  The code is supposed only for testing with the three
functions `recover-file', `save-buffers-kill-emacs' and
`dired-mark-pop-up'.  It's possible that some of my changes also affect
quitting *Help* windows and the like.  Tell me the value of the *Help*
window's `quit-restore' parameter.

 > IOW, the *Help* frame is apparently no longer special-display as it should be.

It still is and should call `frame-auto-hide-function'.

martin