Subject: RE: bug#11939: 24.1; `save-buffers-kill-emacs' loses minibuffer focuswhenit calls `list-processes'

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 08:31:41 -0700

Martin,

Can you tell me where you think we are with this bug?

Can we please separate out any other bugs/problems that have been encountered in
this thread, such as crashes, and return to the problem of the bug report?  I
thought we were making progress on that, but it's not clear to me where we are
now wrt the problem.

Here's my attempt at a summary - but please help me fill things in, with your
understanding:

You wrote some code which improved things, and I tried various things, the last
of which was this:

(add-hook 'after-make-frame-functions
          (lambda (frame)
            (redirect-frame-focus frame
             (window-frame (minibuffer-window)))))

You mentioned that when you tried redirecting to the minibuffer frame that way
you encountered some problems, but you didn't remember what they were.  I said
that when I instead redirected the frame to itself (which I guess worked for
you), it did not solve the focus problem (for me).

I said that with the above code another problem is introduced, which is that the
current-buffer and selected window are apparently left as " *Minibuf-0*".

Do you have a better idea of where things stand wrt this problem?  Will you be
applying your latest code to Emacs?  Where do you think we should go from here,
to progress a bit and perhaps finish this?

In sum, I would like us to try to refocus on the original problem and see if we
can take stock of what we have learned.