Subject: bug#11939: 24.1; `save-buffers-kill-emacs' loses minibuffer focuswhenit calls `list-processes'

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 10:41:40 -0700

> > Do you ever want to kill the minibuffer's buffer?
> 
> No, never.
> 
> > If not, your function should provide an
> > appropriate workaround default just as `call-interactively' does.
> 
> Well OK, I suppose - I can certainly try to do that.
> 
> But I have never had to do it before.  Obviously, if the 
> right thing to do is to work around this hiccup then I can and
> might try to do that.  

But I would add that I prefer not to do that, for a couple of reasons.  One is
that the same general list of buffer candidates and default value are used for
multiple commands, not just the command bound to `C-x k'.  And while it is true
that I never want to kill the minibuffer buffer, that does not mean that I never
want to do some other operation using it.

Anyway, I'm sure you get the point: the buffer that I would expect to be
(current-buffer) here is the buffer in which I invoked `C-x k' (or whatever) -
not " *Minibuf-0*.  The latter does not make much sense to me.

And I think (still, so far) that that is the case because (somehow) the
minibuffer frame got _selected_, and did not just have its input focus
redirected to it.  And I think, a priori, that is not TRT.