Subject: bug#11937: 24.1.50; Gnus error "No such function: nnagent-retrieve-articles"

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 20:57:49 +0400

Pressing `J u' in the Gnus group buffer leads to the error in the
subject.

Backtrace:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "No such function: 
nnagent-retrieve-articles")
   signal(error ("No such function: nnagent-retrieve-articles"))
   error("No such function: %s" nnagent-retrieve-articles)
   gnus-get-function((nntp "news.gmane.org") retrieve-articles)
   gnus-retrieve-articles((60497 60498 60499 60500 60501 60502) 
"gmane.comp.java.clojure.user")
   gnus-agent-fetch-articles("gmane.comp.java.clojure.user" (60497 60498 
60499 60500 60501 60502))
   gnus-agent-fetch-group-1("gmane.comp.java.clojure.user" (nntp 
"news.gmane.org"))
   gnus-agent-fetch-group("gmane.comp.java.clojure.user")
   funcall(gnus-agent-fetch-group "gmane.comp.java.clojure.user")
   (save-excursion (funcall gnus-group-iterate-function 
gnus-group-iterate-group))
   (progn (save-excursion (funcall gnus-group-iterate-function 
gnus-group-iterate-group)))
   (unwind-protect (progn (save-excursion (funcall 
gnus-group-iterate-function gnus-group-iterate-group))) (dolist (elt 
save-selected-window-alist) (and (frame-live-p (car elt)) (window-live-p 
(cdr elt)) (set-frame-selected-window (car elt) (cdr elt) (quote 
norecord)))) (when (window-live-p save-selected-window-window) 
(select-window save-selected-window-window (quote norecord))))
   (save-current-buffer (unwind-protect (progn (save-excursion (funcall 
gnus-group-iterate-function gnus-group-iterate-group))) (dolist (elt 
save-selected-window-alist) (and (frame-live-p (car elt)) (window-live-p 
(cdr elt)) (set-frame-selected-window (car elt) (cdr elt) (quote 
norecord)))) (when (window-live-p save-selected-window-window) 
(select-window save-selected-window-window (quote norecord)))))
   (let ((save-selected-window-window (selected-window)) 
(save-selected-window-alist (apply (quote append) (mapcar (lambda 
(terminal) (let (... ... alist) (if top-frame ...) (dolist ... ...))) 
(terminal-list))))) (save-current-buffer (unwind-protect (progn 
(save-excursion (funcall gnus-group-iterate-function 
gnus-group-iterate-group))) (dolist (elt save-selected-window-alist) 
(and (frame-live-p (car elt)) (window-live-p (cdr elt)) 
(set-frame-selected-window (car elt) (cdr elt) (quote norecord)))) (when 
(window-live-p save-selected-window-window) (select-window 
save-selected-window-window (quote norecord))))))
   (save-selected-window (save-excursion (funcall 
gnus-group-iterate-function gnus-group-iterate-group)))
   (while gnus-group-iterate-groups (setq gnus-group-iterate-group (car 
gnus-group-iterate-groups) gnus-group-iterate-groups (cdr 
gnus-group-iterate-groups)) (select-window gnus-group-iterate-window) 
(gnus-group-remove-mark gnus-group-iterate-group) (save-selected-window 
(save-excursion (funcall gnus-group-iterate-function 
gnus-group-iterate-group))))
   (let ((gnus-group-iterate-groups (gnus-group-process-prefix arg)) 
(gnus-group-iterate-window (selected-window)) gnus-group-iterate-group) 
(while gnus-group-iterate-groups (setq gnus-group-iterate-group (car 
gnus-group-iterate-groups) gnus-group-iterate-groups (cdr 
gnus-group-iterate-groups)) (select-window gnus-group-iterate-window) 
(gnus-group-remove-mark gnus-group-iterate-group) (save-selected-window 
(save-excursion (funcall gnus-group-iterate-function 
gnus-group-iterate-group)))))
   gnus-group-iterate(nil gnus-agent-fetch-group)
   gnus-agent-fetch-groups(nil)
   call-interactively(gnus-agent-fetch-groups nil nil)
   recursive-edit()
   debug(error (error "No such function: nnagent-retrieve-articles"))
   signal(error ("No such function: nnagent-retrieve-articles"))
   error("No such function: %s" nnagent-retrieve-articles)
   gnus-get-function((nntp "news.gmane.org") retrieve-articles)
   gnus-retrieve-articles((60497 60498 60499 60500 60501 60502) 
"gmane.comp.java.clojure.user")
   gnus-agent-fetch-articles("gmane.comp.java.clojure.user" (60497 60498 
60499 60500 60501 60502))
   gnus-agent-summary-fetch-group(nil)
   call-interactively(gnus-agent-summary-fetch-group nil nil)

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
  of 2012-07-13 on SOL
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
  `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --cflags -IH:/Apps/System/gnuwin32/include'

Important settings:
   value of $EMACSDATA: C:/Users/gutov/vc/emacs-master/etc
   value of $EMACSDOC: C:/Users/gutov/vc/emacs-master/etc
   value of $EMACSLOADPATH: 
C:/Users/gutov/vc/emacs-master/site-lisp;C:/Users/gutov/vc/emacs-master/../site-lisp;C:/Users/gutov/vc/emacs-master/lisp;C:/Users/gutov/vc/emacs-master/leim
   value of $EMACSPATH: C:/Users/gutov/vc/emacs-master/bin
   value of $LANG: RUS
   locale-coding-system: cp1251
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
   gnus-undo-mode: t
   global-undo-tree-mode: t
   global-diff-hl-mode: t
   diff-auto-refine-mode: t
   savehist-mode: t
   yas/global-mode: t
   yas/minor-mode: t
   global-auto-revert-mode: t
   cua-mode: t
   global-ethan-wspace-mode: t
   global-auto-complete-mode: t
   autopair-global-mode: t
   ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
   ido-everywhere: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x g n u s <return> g A u <down> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <return> q J u J
s <down> <up> J s <return> q J j J j y J s <return>
J s <down> <up> J u M-x t o g g l e <return> J u <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-h k J u q <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> J s <up> <down> C-h k J s q <home> <C-home>
J s <down> <up> q J s J s g J s J u C-h k J u q C-h
k J s q <return> g <return> C-x <down> q <return> <return>
J u J s <down> <up> J s J u C-x <down> q <return> q
J u M-x t o g g l e <return> J u <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
M-x C-g C-x <down> <up> <right> <right> <right> <right>
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right>
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right>
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right>
<right> <right> <right> <right> <left> <right> <right>
<S-end> M-w C-x <up> M-x r e <right> <return>

Recent messages:
Message marked for downloading
End of message
No more unseen articles
Error when connecting: 400 load at 18.61, try later
Message marked for downloading
gnus-get-function: No such function: nnagent-retrieve-articles [2 times]
No more unseen articles
gnus-get-function: No such function: nnagent-retrieve-articles
Debug on Error enabled globally
Entering debugger...
Quit

Load-path shadows:
c:/Users/gutov/.emacs.d/elpa/magit-20120616/.dir-locals hides 
c:/Users/gutov/.emacs.d/elpa/sunrise-commander-20120705/.dir-locals
c:/Users/gutov/.emacs.d/elpa/magit-20120616/.dir-locals hides 
c:/Users/gutov/vc/emacs-master/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals

Features:
(shadow sort flyspell ispell mail-extr emacsbug gnus-bcklg shr
browse-url debug cus-start cus-load gnus-async gnus-ml nndraft nnmh
nnfolder nnagent nnml network-stream starttls tls gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum
nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems
nnheader mail-utils wid-edit elisp-slime-nav etags paredit hl-line
saveplace undo-tree diff diff-hl face-remap vc-hg vc-git vc ediff-merg
ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init ediff
vc-dispatcher diff-mode savehist yasnippet autorevert cua-base winner
point-stack .emacs-loaddefs cyril-util devenv ethan-wspace pos-tip
ac-slime auto-complete-config auto-complete popup eproject-extras
ibuf-macs ibuf-ext ibuffer iswitchb eproject esh-var esh-io esh-cmd
esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg eldoc esh-groups eshell esh-module
esh-mode esh-util progmodes dropdown-list mmm mmm-auto mmm-vars
mmm-compat ecb-autoloads autopair easy-mmode keys switch-window quail
help-mode easymenu view hippie dired winring ring transpose-frame iflipb
misc prefs defuns coffee-mode-autoloads eldoc-eval-autoloads
findr-autoloads gist-autoloads gh-autoloads inf-ruby-autoloads
inflections-autoloads iy-go-to-char-autoloads logito-autoloads
move-text-autoloads pcache-autoloads finder-inf rainbow-mode-autoloads
ruby-electric-autoloads starter-kit-bindings-autoloads windmove
starter-kit-lisp-autoloads cl-macs gv elisp-slime-nav-autoloads
starter-kit-autoloads edmacro kmacro smex cl cl-lib starter-kit-misc
warnings ffap url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
cconv macroexp gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars
ido-ubiquitous ido paren starter-kit-defuns uniquify advice help-fns
advice-preload magit-autoloads ido-ubiquitous-autoloads smex-autoloads
find-file-in-project-autoloads idle-highlight-mode-autoloads
paredit-autoloads sunrise-commander-autoloads switch-window-autoloads
tango-2-theme-autoloads twilight-bright-theme-autoloads typing-autoloads
undo-tree-autoloads volatile-highlights-autoloads wgrep-autoloads
yaml-mode-autoloads package time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp w32-win w32-vars
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process multi-tty emacs)