Subject: bug#11936: closed (Re: bug#11936: 24.1; [PATCH] Hide specified ERC message types sent by lurkers)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2012 01:33:02 +0000

Your bug report

#11936: 24.1; [PATCH] Hide specified ERC message types sent by lurkers

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
11936: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=11936
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#11936: 24.1; [PATCH] Hide specified ERC message types sent by lurkers
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2012 21:32:20 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.3

Seems this was installed to Emacs trunk 2012/8/20.

Subject: 24.1; [PATCH] Hide specified ERC message types sent by lurkers
From: Josh <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 09:03:03 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In addition to the current `erc-hide-list' functionality which
unconditionally hides specified IRC message types such as joins and
parts, this patch gives ERC the ability to hide messages of specified
types only for lurkers, while showing them for active channel
participants.  I've been using it locally for several months.  It
seems to be stable and well-behaved, and it noticeably increases the
signal to noise ratio in ERC buffers.  A few of the regulars on #emacs
have been using it as well and reported similar experiences.  I have
copyright assignment papers on file and I'd be pleased if this were to
be integrated.

Josh (jlf on #emacs)