Subject: Re: bug#11913: Unusual Emacs 24.1 arithmetic error (abs) on i386 machine

From: Rob Browning <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 14:50:38 -0500

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Does that 386 machine have an x87 co-processor?  If not, what provides
> the floating-point emulation -- the kernel?

It's a P4 Xeon, so it should have x87 support:

  http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi?host=murphy

> If you compile a trivial C program that calls 'fabs' on that machine,
> does it work as expected, or does it bomb?

For reference, I'd be a bit surprised if there was a really blatant
problem with murphy since that buildd is probably used to build a lot of
other Debian packages.  Though probably not as many as other buildds,
since until recently most developers probably uploaded i386 binaries
themselves.

That said, I'm happy to ask the maintainers to attempt whatever seems
most appropriate.

-- 
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org
GPG as of 2002-11-03 14DD 432F AE39 534D B592 F9A0 25C8 D377 8C7E 73A4