Subject: bug#11902: Emacs 23.2: dired rename file and file is hidden - Windows 7

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 08:15:21 +0300

> Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 20:05:25 -0400
> From: Bernard Stumpf <[email-masked]>
> CC:  [email-masked]
> 
> I just tried it in an "emacs -Q" window. Did a dired of my Users home 
> directory and there did an R of an existing file to "newname".  The line 
> containing the file disappeared.
> 
> In other words: "emacs -Q" made no difference: the problem remains.

Thanks.

Does the "newname" affect the problem?  E.g., if you rename file "foo"
to "foo1", does the problem still happen?

Also, can you perhaps debug this in Edebug?  I can provide guidance if
needed.  The function that refreshes the display is
dired-do-redisplay, defined on dired-aux.el, and the actual refresh of
the line of the affected file is in dired-update-file-line, also in
dired-aux.el.  Just step through these two functions and see what is
going wrong there and where.