Subject: bug#11886: 24.1; Ctrl-G in an emacs running in a terminal sends a SIGINT to the parent shell

From: Vincent Lefevre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 02:18:15 +0200

On 2012-07-09 18:51:12 +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> You will probably get the same behaviour with any other interactive
> command.  Emacs was unusual in that it put itself in its own process
> group.

No, a Ctrl-C in

  zsh -c "info Emacs"; echo foo

interrupts info though it is interactive, contrary to what happens
with gdb and Emacs. It seems that the condition is that the command
traps the signal. One even has:

ypig:~> cat trap.sh
#!/bin/bash

trap 'kill -INT $$' INT
sleep 3
ypig:~> zsh -c trap.sh; echo foo
^Czsh: exit 130   zsh -c trap.sh
foo

-- 
Vincent Lefèvre <[email-masked]> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.net/>
100% accessible validated (X)HTML - Blog: <http://www.vinc17.net/blog/>
Work: CR INRIA - computer arithmetic / AriC project (LIP, ENS-Lyon)