Subject: bug#11872: stable-2.0 build breaks at v2.0.5-225-g005de2e

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 19:50:36 -0400

Building stable-2.0 stared breaking for me at commit 005de2e8273853e155c21767b1c8bdb4f3f3ca53

Some of the build output follows:

make[4]: Entering directory `/home/dsmith/src/guile/lib'
  CC     c-ctype.lo
  CC     c-strcasecmp.lo
  CC     c-strncasecmp.lo
  CC     dirname-lgpl.lo
  CC     basename-lgpl.lo
  CC     stripslash.lo
  CC     fd-hook.lo
  CC     full-read.lo
  CC     full-write.lo
  CC     localcharset.lo
  CC     malloca.lo
  CC     nproc.lo
  CC     pipe2.lo
  CC     safe-read.lo
  CC     safe-write.lo
  CC     sockets.lo
  CC     strftime.lo
  CC     striconveh.lo
In file included from striconveh.c:30:
unistr.h: In function 'u8_check':
unistr.h:71: error: expected declaration specifiers before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:77: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:83: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:91: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u8_to_u16'
unistr.h:96: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u8_to_u32'
unistr.h:101: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u16_to_u8'
unistr.h:106: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u16_to_u32'
unistr.h:111: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u32_to_u8'
unistr.h:116: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u32_to_u16'
unistr.h:127: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:130: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:133: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:150: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u8_mbtouc_unsafe_aux'
unistr.h:153: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
unistr.h:173: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u16_mbtouc_unsafe_aux'
unistr.h:176: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
unistr.h:198: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
unistr.h:221: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u8_mbtouc_aux'
unistr.h:224: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
unistr.h:244: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u16_mbtouc_aux'
unistr.h:247: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
unistr.h:268: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
unistr.h:291: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u8_mbtoucr'
unistr.h:296: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u16_mbtoucr'
unistr.h:301: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u32_mbtoucr'
unistr.h:313: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u8_uctomb_aux'
unistr.h:320: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
unistr.h:335: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u16_uctomb_aux'
unistr.h:342: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
unistr.h:361: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
unistr.h:381: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u8_cpy'
unistr.h:383: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u16_cpy'
unistr.h:385: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u32_cpy'
unistr.h:391: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u8_move'
unistr.h:393: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u16_move'
unistr.h:395: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u32_move'
unistr.h:401: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u8_set'
unistr.h:403: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u16_set'
unistr.h:405: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u32_set'
unistr.h:411: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:414: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:417: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:423: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:426: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:429: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:435: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:438: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:441: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:447: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:450: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:453: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:459: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u8_cpy_alloc'
unistr.h:461: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u16_cpy_alloc'
unistr.h:463: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u32_cpy_alloc'
unistr.h:471: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:474: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:477: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:483: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u8_strmbtouc'
unistr.h:485: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u16_strmbtouc'
unistr.h:487: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u32_strmbtouc'
unistr.h:493: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u8_next'
unistr.h:495: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u16_next'
unistr.h:497: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u32_next'
unistr.h:503: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u8_prev'
unistr.h:505: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u16_prev'
unistr.h:507: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u32_prev'
unistr.h:513: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:516: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:519: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:525: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:528: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:531: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:536: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u8_strcpy'
unistr.h:538: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u16_strcpy'
unistr.h:540: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u32_strcpy'
unistr.h:545: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u8_stpcpy'
unistr.h:547: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u16_stpcpy'
unistr.h:549: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u32_stpcpy'
unistr.h:554: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u8_strncpy'
unistr.h:556: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u16_strncpy'
unistr.h:558: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u32_strncpy'
unistr.h:564: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u8_stpncpy'
unistr.h:566: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u16_stpncpy'
unistr.h:568: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u32_stpncpy'
unistr.h:573: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u8_strcat'
unistr.h:575: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u16_strcat'
unistr.h:577: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u32_strcat'
unistr.h:582: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u8_strncat'
unistr.h:584: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u16_strncat'
unistr.h:586: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u32_strncat'
unistr.h:599: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:603: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:606: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:613: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u8_strcoll'
unistr.h:615: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u16_strcoll'
unistr.h:617: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u32_strcoll'
unistr.h:623: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:626: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:629: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:634: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u8_strdup'
unistr.h:636: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u16_strdup'
unistr.h:638: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u32_strdup'
unistr.h:644: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:647: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:650: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:656: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:659: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:662: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:669: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:672: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:675: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:682: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:685: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:688: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:694: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:697: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:700: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:706: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:709: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:712: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:717: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:720: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:723: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:728: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:731: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:734: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_UC_ATTRIBUTE_PURE'
unistr.h:740: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u8_strtok'
unistr.h:742: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u16_strtok'
unistr.h:744: error: storage class specified for parameter 'u32_strtok'
In file included from striconveh.c:33:
c-strcase.h:42: error: storage class specified for parameter 'c_strcasecmp'
c-strcase.h:42: warning: '__pure__' attribute ignored
c-strcase.h:48: error: storage class specified for parameter 'c_strncasecmp'
c-strcase.h:48: warning: '__pure__' attribute ignored
In file included from c-strcaseeq.h:20,
                 from striconveh.c:34:
c-ctype.h:120: error: storage class specified for parameter 'c_isascii'
c-ctype.h:122: error: storage class specified for parameter 'c_isalnum'
c-ctype.h:123: error: storage class specified for parameter 'c_isalpha'
c-ctype.h:124: error: storage class specified for parameter 'c_isblank'
c-ctype.h:125: error: storage class specified for parameter 'c_iscntrl'
c-ctype.h:126: error: storage class specified for parameter 'c_isdigit'
c-ctype.h:127: error: storage class specified for parameter 'c_islower'
c-ctype.h:128: error: storage class specified for parameter 'c_isgraph'
c-ctype.h:129: error: storage class specified for parameter 'c_isprint'
c-ctype.h:130: error: storage class specified for parameter 'c_ispunct'
c-ctype.h:131: error: storage class specified for parameter 'c_isspace'
c-ctype.h:132: error: storage class specified for parameter 'c_isupper'
c-ctype.h:133: error: storage class specified for parameter 'c_isxdigit'
c-ctype.h:135: error: storage class specified for parameter 'c_tolower'
c-ctype.h:136: error: storage class specified for parameter 'c_toupper'
In file included from striconveh.c:34:
c-strcaseeq.h:46: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
c-strcaseeq.h:52: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
c-strcaseeq.h:66: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
c-strcaseeq.h:80: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
c-strcaseeq.h:94: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
c-strcaseeq.h:108: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
c-strcaseeq.h:122: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
c-strcaseeq.h:136: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
c-strcaseeq.h:150: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
In file included from striconveh.c:34:
c-strcaseeq.h:164: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
striconveh.c:49: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
striconveh.c:113: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
striconveh.c:222: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
striconveh.c:288: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
striconveh.c:356: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
striconveh.c:1022: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
striconveh.c:1031: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
striconveh.c:1067: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
striconveh.c:1149: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
unistr.h:70: error: old-style parameter declarations in prototyped function definition
striconveh.c:1199: error: expected '{' at end of input
make[4]: *** [striconveh.lo] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/dsmith/src/guile/lib'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/dsmith/src/guile/lib'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/dsmith/src/guile/lib'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dsmith/src/guile'
make: *** [all] Error 2