Subject: bug#11870: closed (Re: bug#11870: trunk does not build on FreeBSD)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 19:43:01 +0000

Your bug report

#11870: trunk does not build on FreeBSD

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
11870: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=11870
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#11870: trunk does not build on FreeBSD
From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
To: "Herbert J. Skuhra" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 21:37:36 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

"Herbert J. Skuhra" <[email-masked]> writes:

> xfns.c:4290: error: conflicting types for 'Fx_window_property'
> globals.h:2369: error: previous declaration of 'Fx_window_property' was here
> xfns.c:4308: error: conflicting types for 'Fx_window_property'
> globals.h:2369: error: previous declaration of 'Fx_window_property' was here

Should be fixed now.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."

Subject: trunk does not build on FreeBSD
From: "Herbert J. Skuhra" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 21:01:27 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

For a few days trunk does no longer build on FreeBSD (tested on
9.0-STABLE i386 and amd64).
I get this error:

gcc -std=gnu99 -c  -Demacs  -I. -I/home/herbert/source/emacs/trunk/src
-I../lib -I/home/herbert/source/emacs/trunk/src/../lib
-I/usr/local/include -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT
-I/usr/local/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/local/include/atk-1.0
-I/usr/local/include/cairo -I/usr/local/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0
-I/usr/local/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/local/include/gio-unix-2.0/
-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0
-I/usr/local/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/local/include/freetype2
-I/usr/local/include/libpng15 -I/usr/local/include/drm
-D_THREAD_SAFE -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/freetype2
-D_REENTRANT -D_THREAD_SAFE -I/usr/local/include/librsvg-2.0
-I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/local/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0
-I/usr/local/include/cairo -I/usr/local/include/libpng15
-I/usr/local/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/include/drm
-I/usr/local/include/ImageMagick   -I/usr/local/include/libxml2
-I/usr/local/include   -I/usr/local/include/dbus-1.0
-I/usr/local/include/dbus-1.0/include   -D_REENTRANT
-I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0   -DORBIT2=1 -D_REENTRANT
-I/usr/local/include/gconf/2 -I/usr/local/include/orbit-2.0
-I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0   -I/usr/local/include/freetype2
-I/usr/local/include   -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/local/include     -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/local/include/p11-kit-1     -g -O2 xfns.c
xfns.c:4290: error: conflicting types for 'Fx_window_property'
globals.h:2369: error: previous declaration of 'Fx_window_property' was here
xfns.c:4308: error: conflicting types for 'Fx_window_property'
globals.h:2369: error: previous declaration of 'Fx_window_property' was here
gmake[2]: *** [xfns.o] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/home/herbert/source/emacs/trunk/src'
gmake[1]: *** [src] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/herbert/source/emacs/trunk'
gmake: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

So at the moment I can only build Emacs with "--without-x".

There is another issue on FreeBSD:

Since rev 108687 Emacs freezes when opening/encrypting gpg files.
Paul has tried to resolve this issue but I am obviously too dumb to
send the proper gdb output. :-(