Subject: Re: bug#11867: 24.1.50; Windows bootstrap crash (converting tit files?)

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 19:11:17 +0300

> From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 13:38:57 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 4:43 AM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > In that case, after you attach the debugger, you should type
> > "continue" at GDB prompt, and then click "Debug" on the dialog popped
> > by Windows.
> 
> There's no Debug on the Windows dialog. There's only one option, which
> is to cancel the program. As soon as I do that, the program exits.

Some newish Window 7 thing, I suppose.

And if you just type "continue", does anything useful happen?

Also, do you see anything in the Event Viewer (under Application logs)
at that time?

Another idea is to install DrMinGW as the JIT debugger.  Or just run
Emacs under GDB to begin with, or attach it slightly before the crash
(you can use Ctrl-S to pause it).