Subject: Re: bug#11867: 24.1.50; Windows bootstrap crash (converting tit files?)

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2012 09:31:40 +0300

> Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 21:58:24 +0100
> From: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, 
> 	Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
> 
> >>> (gdb) thread apply all bt full
> 
> OK, thanks. I just bootstrapped 108908 [sic] here (on Windows 7)
> without error. The (XP) machine where I saw the crash is turned off
> now until Monday. I will get the backtrace then, unless you ask me not
> to.

Thanks.  If the latest trunks bootstraps on that XP machine without
problems, there's no need to produce backtrace from an earlier
revisions.

> BTW, is there a recommended way to build a previous revision? I ran
> "bzr revert -r108908" before running Make, which I suppose is good
> enough, but `emacs-bzr-revision' ends up being the latest revision
> that I have pulled.

"bzr revno" shows the revision of your local repository, not of the
tree.  "bzr revert" reverts the tree to the named revision, but does
not remove the info about the next revisions from the repository's
meta-data.

IOW, "bzr revert" is the right way of doing what you ask, it just
doesn't show in "bzr revno".