Subject: Re: bug#11861: 24.1.1; ido-mode and interactive f

From: Leo Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 23:25:41 +0800

On 2013-07-09 22:08 +0800, Michael Brand wrote:
> in the file test.el and invoked from the directory where the file is
> located) shows test.el highlighted as the first ido-suggestion in the
> modeline prompt "File to load:". That is the file of the current
> buffer test.el, as expected.
>
> But Emacs 24.1, 24.2 and 24.3 show the alphabetically first file in
> the directory, highlighted as the first ido-suggestion in the prompt.

I loaded a version of ido.el from 28 Feb 2011 which is a few days before
the release of 23.3 and still couldn't reproduce this bug. I have 23.4
installed and couldn't reproduce either.

But from reading the code, the behaviour as you described in 23.3 would
be wrong anyway. You didn't specify any default filename in the
interactive form, there is no reason for ido to pick test.el as the
default.

HTH,
Leo