Subject: Re: bug#11861: 24.1.1; ido-mode and interactive f

From: Michael Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 16:08:02 +0200

Hi Leo

Thank you for looking into this.

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 7:28 AM, Leo Liu <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On 2012-07-04 22:53 +0800, Michael Brand wrote:
>> There is an unexpected behaviour of ido-mode that I could only drill
>> down from org-babel-load-file but not analyse further. Emacs 23.3.1
>> shows test.el as the first ido suggestion as expected, 24.1.1 does
>> not. Is this a bug in 24.1.1?
>
> I can't see any abnormal behaviour with latest ido in emacs trunk. Would
> you be able to explain what the problem was? Thanks.

Emacs 23.3 invoked as described in my first post ("emacs -q test.el
--eval '(eval-buffer)'" with this

;;-----------------------------------------------------------
(ido-mode 1)
(ido-everywhere 1)
(defun my-test (file)
  (interactive "fFile to load: ")
  (message "my-test file: %s" file))
(call-interactively 'my-test)
;;-----------------------------------------------------------

in the file test.el and invoked from the directory where the file is
located) shows test.el highlighted as the first ido-suggestion in the
modeline prompt "File to load:". That is the file of the current
buffer test.el, as expected.

But Emacs 24.1, 24.2 and 24.3 show the alphabetically first file in
the directory, highlighted as the first ido-suggestion in the prompt.

Michael