Subject: Re: bug#11860: 24.1; Arabic - Harakat (diacritics, short vowels) don't appear

From: Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 23:08:22 +0900

In article <[email-masked]>, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> > > Can you post here a few recipes you tested, so that I could try that
> > > on MS-Windows?
> > 
> > How 'bout adding them somewhere in the `test' directory?

> I need first to get confirmation that this bug is fixed on Windows.
> The OP can only use pre-compiled binaries, so did not yet try my
> latest changes.

> The proper place is probably test/redisplay-testsuite.el.

The sample text files I used was generated by this script
after I installed various language support packages on my
system (Mint):

------------------------------------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
LOCALES="ar bn my gu hi kn lo or ta th bo"
FILES=

for L in $LOCALES; do
  rm -f "$L".txt
  for MO in /usr/share/locale/"$L"/LC_MESSAGES/*.mo; do
    msgunfmt "$MO" >> "$L".txt
  done
  FILES="$FILES $L.txt"
done

tar cfz sample.tar.gz $FILES
------------------------------------------------------------

And for each ??.txt file, I used this Lisp file:

----- shaper-test.el ---------------------------------------
(let ((coding-system-for-read 'utf-8))
  (find-file (car command-line-args-left))
  (sit-for 0)
  (while (not (pos-visible-in-window-p (point-max)))
    (scroll-up)
    (sit-for 0))
  (kill-emacs))
------------------------------------------------------------

as this:

(gdb) br font.c:4367
(gdb) run -Q -l shaper-test.el ar.txt
(gdb) run -Q -l shaper-test.el bn.txt
  ....

The attached is a tarball of generated ??.txt files.  Isn't
it too big to put under "test" subdir?

---
Kenichi Handa
[email-masked]