Subject: bug#11849: AW: AW: bug#11849: 23.3; emacs freeze when vpn is connected

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 11:48:04 +0300

> Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 11:33:36 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > From: "Bellmann, Andreas" <[email-masked]>
> > CC: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 07:55:05 +0000
> > Unfortunately not. This setting has been active for a while now without any improvement.
> > 
> > Any other ideas?
> 
> The only other idea I have is to somehow find out which code in Emacs
> causes the stall.  If you can build your own Emacs and step through it
> with a debugger, I can suggest where to look.
> 
> Alternatively, try using some tool that shows Windows API calls issued
> by Emacs together with their responses, and see if that info shows
> which API call stalls.  We could then try finding the Emacs code that
> results in calling that API.

Sorry, I was confusing your report with another problem.  Please
disregard the above.

AFAIU, your problem happens when you invoke Emacs as a server via
emacsclient.  Can you confirm that the delays happen only between the
time you invoke emacsclient and the time Emacs responds to the client
request?  IOW, once Emacs does respond, is everything working normally
within Emacs, including any file operations you invoke from within
Emacs, like "C-x C-f", "C-x C-s", etc.?  In your original report you
mentioned "file interaction" in general, but later you described only
the interaction with emacsclient.  So I'm now unsure what exactly is
the precise description of your problem.