Subject: Re: bug#11832: 24.1.50; enhancement request: line truncation not dependent on fringe

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 21:59:41 +0200

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 6:44 PM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I'm not closing the bug report, because I'm quite sure people will
> find subtle bugs in this mode, especially with proportional fonts,
> variable-size fonts, images, and any other feature that causes lines
> to differ in pixel size.

Ding dong!

> Please report any such problems here, and please try to come up with
> the simplest possible test case for each problem, preferably starting
> with "emacs -Q".

;;;;;;;;;; test.el ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
(require 'bs)
(add-hook 'bs-mode-hook (lambda () (set-window-fringes nil 0 0)))
(setq bs-attributes-list '(("Buffer" compute-buffer-width  nil left
bs--get-name)))
(defun compute-buffer-width ()
  (- (window-width)
     1))  ; one empty column at the end
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,,,,,,,,

emacs -Q -l test.el -f bs-show

Result: there's a spurious blank line at the end which wasn't there in
24.1, nor the trunk of few days ago.

    Juanma