Subject: Re: bug#11814: The test logs lost their title

From: Stefano Lattarini <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 19:01:09 +0200

tags notabug 11814
thanks

Hi Akim.

On 06/29/2012 09:17 AM, Akim Demaille wrote:
> It seems that in recent changes, the test logs have lost
> their title, which included the exit status.  Now, reading
> a log, one can no longer know how the test exited.
>
All of this is intended, because we now report "metadata" about the
test run in the '*.trs' file rather than in the '*.log' file.  So,
to know whether a test run has been successful, or which the results
of the individual subtests has been, you should look at that file
(it should be easily human readable as well as machine parseable,
although its format is still experimental and likely to change in
future Automake versions).

All of this should be explained in detail in the manual.  If you
fund something unclear there, feel free to open a new bug report.

Regards,
  Stefano