Subject: Re: bug#11808: IDO fails with tramp /ftp:

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 09:18:55 +0200

Vitalie Spinu <[email-masked]> writes:

> The first time I invoke /ftp:user@host: it says [No Match] (previously
> it would request completions of /ftp:user@host: directories and show
> them all). But, on the second invocation the list of directories is
> displayed properly. May be something should be tweaked on IDO side?

There was a subtle change in completion of remote files. As long as you
type the remote host identification, it doesn't complete for that host
if there isn't an established connection yet. The reason is, that people
felt disturbed by error messages or password requests, even when they
have mistyped something and didn't want to connect yet.

When you start to type a local file name of that remote host (start with
"/"), completion shall work as expected in ido.

> Sorry, I will be on leave for 10 days, from tomorrow, without access to
> my computers.

I believe the behaviour is correct now, after that change. I'm closing
the bug. Feel free to to continue discussion, if you believe it doesn't
work correctly.

> Thanks,
> Vitalie.

Best regards, Michael.