Subject: Re: bug#11808: IDO fails with tramp /ftp:

From: Vitalie Spinu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 20:16:47 +0200

>> Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
  >> on Thu, 28 Jun 2012 19:49:38 +0200 wrote:

  > Vitalie Spinu <[email-masked]> writes:
  >> Nope doesn't work with eddif-patch-file either. I guess diff got
  >> corrupted. I don't understand the output. What does ! at bol mean?

  > "Line changed".

Ok. I got it. So I inserted the changes manually and it indeed doesn't
through an error anymore. But the behavior of ftp completions is
changed.

The first time I invoke /ftp:user@host: it says [No Match] (previously
it would request completions of /ftp:user@host: directories and show
them all). But, on the second invocation the list of directories is
displayed properly. May be something should be tweaked on IDO side?

  > Don't worry, I'll produce a new patch tomorrow (or I'll send you the
  > whole ange-ftp.el).

Sorry, I will be on leave for 10 days, from tomorrow, without access to
my computers.

Thanks, 
Vitalie.