Subject: Re: bug#11807: (Windows XP issue?) Re: bug#11807: M-x display-time-world & EDT/DST

From: Jambunathan K <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 16:10:04 +0530

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> In what build of Emacs was the original problem detected?  What is the
> value of 'system-configuration' and 'system-configuration-options' in
> that build?  And which Emacs version is that?  You didn't say all that
> in your original report, AFAICT.
>
> If the problem is not in the Windows native (MinGW or MSVC) build of
> Emacs, then all I write here is irrelevant.

Sorry about this.  I didn't anticipate that this problem will turn out
to be platform-specific.  

Here is what report-emacs-bug generates.

ps: I haven't looked at the contents of your and other referenced posts
yet.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-06-02 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: ENG
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t