Subject: bug#11806: (setq load-path ..) of elisp-comp

From: Stefano Lattarini <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 10:34:38 +0200

On 07/06/2012 02:42 AM, Jack Kelly wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 7:57 AM, Stefano Lattarini
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Usually I'd agree, and in fact I had done as you're suggesting in a
>> previous attempt; but that caused the test 'lisp3.sh' to fail :-/
>> With the patch I've posted, the testsuite remains clean at least.
>>
>> So I say we commit my patch: albeit suboptimal, and somewhat reeking
>> of cargo-cult programming, it solves the OP issue.
> 
> I would like to have a crack at rewriting some of the elisp stuff, but
> I can make no promises as to when that will actually happen.
>
No need to make any such promise.  Just know that if you find time for
such a rewrite, I'd be happy to help out and try my best to have it
integrated.

> Therefore I agree with you: commit the patch and we'll deal with the
> refactoring if/when it arrives.
>
Thanks.  I'll push the patch by this evening or afternooon if nobody
else speaks out.

Best regards,
  Stefano